A treadmill tuned to wash your clothes!
New York: Imagine using treadmill to wash and dry clothes, besides burning your extra calories?
A Seoul-based industrial designer Si Hyeong Ryu has come up with a concept treadmill that lets runners use their kinetic energy to wash clothes.
Called "The Wheel", the ring-shaped treadmill has wash canisters inside that can be filled with dirty clothes, soap and water like any other washing machine.
The size and shape of the canisters reduces the need for a lot of water.
As the jogger runs, the motion spins the canisters, agitating the laundry.
Extra power gets saved onto a battery as electricity to run the machine on days when jogging may not be in the picture, media reports said.
"The Wheel" is an entry for the 2014 Electrolux Design Lab competition, an annual design contest that challenges artists and designers to rethink how people live and work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list