A treadmill tuned to wash your clothes!
New York: Imagine using treadmill to wash and dry clothes, besides burning your extra calories?
A Seoul-based industrial designer Si Hyeong Ryu has come up with a concept treadmill that lets runners use their kinetic energy to wash clothes.
Called "The Wheel", the ring-shaped treadmill has wash canisters inside that can be filled with dirty clothes, soap and water like any other washing machine.
The size and shape of the canisters reduces the need for a lot of water.
As the jogger runs, the motion spins the canisters, agitating the laundry.
Extra power gets saved onto a battery as electricity to run the machine on days when jogging may not be in the picture, media reports said.
"The Wheel" is an entry for the 2014 Electrolux Design Lab competition, an annual design contest that challenges artists and designers to rethink how people live and work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- 'Quantico' diva Priyanka Chopra misses mommy during shoots!- See pic
- No trace of missing IAF AN-32 plane as yet; Defence Minister undertakes aerial survey
- 'Dishoom' promotions: Catch Jacqueline Fernandez-John Abraham-Varun Dhawan on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- Indian aid worker kidnapped in Afghanistan released
- Turkey will adhere to democratic principles, rule of law: Deputy PM