Adam walked earth 9000 years earlier than initially believed
Washington: A new research has revealed that Adam, our male ancestor walked the earth 209,000 years ago, which is much earlier than scientists had initially believed.
The study, conducted by Dr Eran Elhaik and Dr Dan Graur , also found the discovery of the Y chromosome that supposedly predated humanity.
They used conventional biological models to find out that this took place in history around 9000 years earlier than scientists originally believed, which puts Adam in the time frame of his other half Eve, the genetic maternal ancestor of mankind.
Dr Elhaik said that they can say with some certainty that modern humans emerged in Africa a little over 200,000 years ago and that it is obvious that modern humans did not interbreed with hominins living over 500,000 years ago.
He added that it is also clear that there was no single Adam and Eve but rather groups of Adams and Eves living side by side and wandering together in our world.
The findings have been published in the European Journal of Human Genetics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city