Adam walked earth 9000 years earlier than initially believed
Washington: A new research has revealed that Adam, our male ancestor walked the earth 209,000 years ago, which is much earlier than scientists had initially believed.
The study, conducted by Dr Eran Elhaik and Dr Dan Graur , also found the discovery of the Y chromosome that supposedly predated humanity.
They used conventional biological models to find out that this took place in history around 9000 years earlier than scientists originally believed, which puts Adam in the time frame of his other half Eve, the genetic maternal ancestor of mankind.
Dr Elhaik said that they can say with some certainty that modern humans emerged in Africa a little over 200,000 years ago and that it is obvious that modern humans did not interbreed with hominins living over 500,000 years ago.
He added that it is also clear that there was no single Adam and Eve but rather groups of Adams and Eves living side by side and wandering together in our world.
The findings have been published in the European Journal of Human Genetics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'