Adam walked earth 9000 years earlier than initially believed
Washington: A new research has revealed that Adam, our male ancestor walked the earth 209,000 years ago, which is much earlier than scientists had initially believed.
The study, conducted by Dr Eran Elhaik and Dr Dan Graur , also found the discovery of the Y chromosome that supposedly predated humanity.
They used conventional biological models to find out that this took place in history around 9000 years earlier than scientists originally believed, which puts Adam in the time frame of his other half Eve, the genetic maternal ancestor of mankind.
Dr Elhaik said that they can say with some certainty that modern humans emerged in Africa a little over 200,000 years ago and that it is obvious that modern humans did not interbreed with hominins living over 500,000 years ago.
He added that it is also clear that there was no single Adam and Eve but rather groups of Adams and Eves living side by side and wandering together in our world.
The findings have been published in the European Journal of Human Genetics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune