Ancient wine cup unearthed in Greece
Athens: A team of Greek archaeologists have unearthed an ancient wine cup that dates back to the fifth century B.C.
The team said that the cup was found Wednesday in a grave which was unearthed in Kifisia district, Xinhua reported.
It is estimated that it dates back to the Greek Golden Age (495 - 429 BC) and the team believes that the cup belongs to Greek leader Pericles.
Pericles was one of the most prominent and influential Greek statesman, orator and general of Athens during the Golden Age.
The period during which he ruled Athens, is sometimes referred to as the "Age of Pericles".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic