App to save precious data
Sydney: Here comes an app that can help you save your precious smartphone data even if it is lost or destroyed.
The app called "PicAway", uploads all content from a smartphone to "the Cloud" - internet based storage that is accessible by multiple devices - immediately without saving it on the actual device itself.
The new feature replaces camera interface with a working browser.
It gives an impression as if the user is surfing the net while he/she can upload pictures directly to the Cloud if stuck in tricky situations.
"We want to empower users with the ability to take photos and videos without the fear of those photos and videos being deleted, removed and/or lost," app co-developer Pedram Afshar from Australian firm 5.5 Degrees was quoted as saying.
By uploading the photos directly to the cloud, the app ensures that there are no missed opportunities as there is no question of "No Storage" message being popped up, reports added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port