Apple hires former boss of Yves Saint Laurent
New York: Apple Inc. announced the hiring of the erstwhile CEO of French fashion firm Yves Saint Laurent Paul Deneve as vice president of Special Projects.
"We`re thrilled to welcome Paul Deneve to Apple," company spokeswoman Kristin Huguet said in a statement. "He`ll be working on special projects as a vice president reporting directly to Tim Cook," CEO of the California-based tech giant.
Deneve, a sales and marketing manager for Apple in Europe between 1990-97, resigned from YSL Tuesday, saying that he was looking for a new opportunity in the tech sector.
The 52-year-old Belgian has also worked for Courreges, Lanvin and Nina Ricci.
Analysts saw Deneve`s appointment as a sign that Apple is serious about exploring the possibilities of wearable computing and is alert to the trend of a merging of technology with fashion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report