Apple introduces `Made for iPhone` wireless hearing aid
Washington: Apple has reportedly partnered with a Danish company to design the first-ever ` Made for iPhone` wireless hearing aid.
The device, dubbed LiNX, uses Bluetooth-like technology and connects directly to iPhones and comes with an app to customize the settings.
According to Cnet, the device is the smallest wireless device that the Danish company GN ReSound has ever made and one of the company`s goals is to de-stigmatize the use of hearing aids.
GN ReSound `s CEO Lars Viksmoen said that the ReSound LiNX device underlines the company`s core strength of bringing breakthrough innovations to the hearing impaired, making them consumers with choices rather than patients with challenges.
The report said that LiNX enhances sound and allows users to also stream music and use the devices for receiving phone calls.
The device was unveiled last month and will cost around 3,000 dollars when launched globally in the beginning of 2014, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'