Apple introduces `Made for iPhone` wireless hearing aid
Washington: Apple has reportedly partnered with a Danish company to design the first-ever ` Made for iPhone` wireless hearing aid.
The device, dubbed LiNX, uses Bluetooth-like technology and connects directly to iPhones and comes with an app to customize the settings.
According to Cnet, the device is the smallest wireless device that the Danish company GN ReSound has ever made and one of the company`s goals is to de-stigmatize the use of hearing aids.
GN ReSound `s CEO Lars Viksmoen said that the ReSound LiNX device underlines the company`s core strength of bringing breakthrough innovations to the hearing impaired, making them consumers with choices rather than patients with challenges.
The report said that LiNX enhances sound and allows users to also stream music and use the devices for receiving phone calls.
The device was unveiled last month and will cost around 3,000 dollars when launched globally in the beginning of 2014, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says