Apple iPhone 6 struggles with production issues
Washington: The much speculated iPhone 6 is reportedly facing severe production problems, which may delay production, or limit availability.
KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo expressed in one of his research notes that problems Apple is facing with the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 are even more challenging for the 5.5-incher, possibly leading to delays, CNET reported.
Analyst believes that the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 may not launch by the end of 2014, or may launch after October in very limited quantities, the report added.
Challenges include technology related to the in-cell touch display panel and issues with the metal casing.
And the rumored scratch-resistant 5.5-inch sapphire cover glass for the display may not easily pass the drop test near term, report said.
Previous rumors have also pointed to production problems with 5.5-inch iPhone 6, including battery-related issues. Bloomberg said in June, however, that both models will go into production this month, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS