Apple preparing standard and cheap iPhones for upcoming launch
Sydney: Software giant Apple has reportedly asked its Taiwan-based supplier to start shipping the two new versions of its flagship iPhone for the upcoming launch in September.
Sources said that Apple has asked Hon Hai Precision , the parent company of Foxconn to ready both the standard version and a cheaper version of the iPhone with new upgrades and a less expensive model with fewer features, News.com.au reports.
According to the report, Apple has scheduled a September 10 event to unveil the new smartphones and it is speculated that the launch of a cheaper version is aimed to attract more consumers in the emerging market where rivals like Samsung are currently leading with better and relatively cheaper models.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!