Archaeologists uncover King David`s 3000-year-old palace
Washington: Two large structures believed to have been a part of King David`s palace, have been unearthed by archaeologists in Jerusalem.
Over the past year, archaeologists have excavated a site that they believe to be the fortified Judean city of Shaarayim, where David smote Goliath as described in the Bible.
Two excavators, professors Yossi Garfinkel of Hebrew University and Saar Ganor, told Fox News that the ruins are the best example to date of the uncovered fortress city of King David.
They said that this is indisputable proof of the existence of a central authority in Judah during the time of King David.
Garfinkel and Ganor identified one structure as David`s palace and the other as an enormous royal storeroom.
They are the two largest known buildings to have existed in the tenth century BCE in Jerusalem.
Meanwhile, the Israel Antiquities Authority (IAA) told the Times of Israel that they are confident the site can be attributed to the time of King David`s reign.
Hundreds of artifacts including stone tools, pottery vessels, seals and religious objects typical of the times, were found at the site.
As the excavations came to a close on Friday, the two excavators said that the palace that is now being revealed and the fortified city that was uncovered in recent years are another tier in understanding the beginning of the Kingdom of Judah.
Photo credit: Israel Antiquities Authority
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read