Barn owl nestlings identify siblings by individual calls
London: Barn owl nestlings have remarkably individual calls, which helps them recognize their siblings, research has revealed.
A team of scientists in Switzerland discovered that the owlets recognize their siblings` calls as they reach out to communicate their needs and identity in the nest, and even negotiate over food instead of fighting.
The findings were announced in the Journal of Evolutionary Biology by Dr. Amelie Dreiss and colleagues at the University of Lausanne, Switzerland.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit