Barn owl nestlings identify siblings by individual calls
London: Barn owl nestlings have remarkably individual calls, which helps them recognize their siblings, research has revealed.
A team of scientists in Switzerland discovered that the owlets recognize their siblings` calls as they reach out to communicate their needs and identity in the nest, and even negotiate over food instead of fighting.
The findings were announced in the Journal of Evolutionary Biology by Dr. Amelie Dreiss and colleagues at the University of Lausanne, Switzerland.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3