Beware! Your smart TV might be watching you
Washington: Just like smartphones, Smart TVs can be hacked and compromised, it has been revealed.
Researchers at a demonstration on Friday in Las Vegas claimed that Samsung Smart TV can be hacked as they have an operating system installed which is similar to a smartphone, which hosts third-party apps, CBS News reported.
People can browse the Internet, launch apps and take photos using their remote controls on the smart TVs.
The researchers told the publication that the more dynamic a website is, the more opportunities there are for inserting code and the problem is not with the apps but with the way they were designed for Samsung`s Smart TV.
The researchers said that a hacker could potentially take control of the TV`s camera and remain undetected.
Talking about the potential hackers, they said that there`s no physical indicator, nor visual indicator, that can let you know your camera was on or taking pictures of you.
Meanwhile, a spokesperson for Samsung said that the company is aware of the security issues regarding the Smart TV and has released a software update to resolve the issue.
The company said that it is taking measures to vigorously enhance security and protect its customers` privacy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda