Bible signed by Einstein sells for $68,500 in NYC
New York: A Bible signed by Albert Einstein has sold for USD 68,500 at an auction in New York City.
The Bible was part of a fine books and manuscripts auction at Bonhams. The German-born, Nobel Prize-winning physicist and his wife signed it in 1932 and gave it to a US friend, Harriett Hamilton.
wisdom and consolation and should be read frequently."
The Bible`s final price far exceeds its pre-sale estimate of between USD 1,500 and USD 2,500.
The auction house hasn`t said who bought the Bible.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?