Bible signed by Einstein sells for $68,500 in NYC
New York: A Bible signed by Albert Einstein has sold for USD 68,500 at an auction in New York City.
The Bible was part of a fine books and manuscripts auction at Bonhams. The German-born, Nobel Prize-winning physicist and his wife signed it in 1932 and gave it to a US friend, Harriett Hamilton.
wisdom and consolation and should be read frequently."
The Bible`s final price far exceeds its pre-sale estimate of between USD 1,500 and USD 2,500.
The auction house hasn`t said who bought the Bible.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Elderly woman found murdered in Delhi
- IAF's mising AN-32 transporter: Satellites provide pointers, but no signs of aircraft yet
- Harsimrat writes to RS chairman for action on Jairam, Renuka
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs