Bigger mobile phone screens boost mobile video consumption: Study
Washington: Mobile phones with larger screens reportedly play an important part in increased mobile video consumption, a new study has found.
The poll conducted by analyst Strategy Analytics targeted more than 3,000 mobile users in the US, China, the U.K., France, Germany and Spain.
The respondents were asked as to which factors would make them watch more video on their mobile device.
Currently, almost three-quarters (72%) of consumers watch video on their mobile phone, according to the analyst`s data, but the frequency is low - with less than half (44%) doing so once a week or more, and less than 1 in 7 (15%) doing so daily, Tech Crunch reported.
The Chinese turned out to be the heaviest consumers of mobile video, with 59 percent watching mobile video every week against 40 percent of Americans.
Meanwhile, the largest portion of mobile video refuseniks were the French, with 38 percent saying they don`t watch any video on their handsets, followed by 37 percent of the British, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US zoo kills gorilla after 3-year-old boy falls into enclosure
- EC cancels polls for two remaining Tamil Nadu Assembly seats - Know why
- Cloudbursts, rainfall in Tehri district of Uttarakhand; Gangotri-Kedarnath road closed, pilgrims stranded
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond