Bill Gates admits using `Control-Alt-Delete` for login was a mistake
Washington: Microsoft chairman Bill Gates has confessed that setting `Control-Alt-Delete` as a way to log in to Windows was a mistake.
According to Fox News, during a talk at Harvard, Gates said that there was an option to make a single button for such a command, but the IBM keyboard designer didn`t want to give Microsoft one.
He said that something had to be done with the keyboard that was signaling to a very low level of software, to bring in the operating system one expects, instead of a funny piece of software that looks like a log in screen, and then listens to the password, adding that it was a mistake.
David Bradley, a designer of the original IBM PC, invented the ` Control-Alt-Delete` combo, the report said.
Bradley said that he may have invented it but it was Gates who made it famous.
He himself admitted that he did not know why they used the same command for log in, which was used to restart the computer, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- 'Taliban strike sign of US exasperation with Pak's duplicity'
- Man arrested over Australia `terror` plot
- WATCH: Hazel Keech cheered from stands as Yuvraj Singh rediscovered form during SRH vs KKR match
- Separated Indian, Pakistani siblings meet in UAE after 48 yrs
- CPI(M) leader Sushanta Ghosh slapped in West Bengal court premises