Blobfish named `world`s ugliest animal`
Wellington: Blobfish, a fish that looks like a large blob of goop with eyes, has been named as the world`s ugliest animal, according to a YouTube poll.
Large, flightless, nocturnal and endangered, New Zealand`s native kakapo was voted the world`s second ugliest animal and dubbed a "rubbish parrot" by Ugly Animal Preservation Society, Stuff.co.nz reported.
The blobfish topped the poll after 3000 votes on 12 creatures were lodged.
It received 795 votes, while the kakapo followed it with 617.
The third place was bagged by the axolotl, a Mexican amphibian also called the "walking fish".
Other candidates in the fight were the proboscis monkey and the Titicaca water frog.
A total of 88,000 people visited the website where the online poll, which was aimed at raising awareness of unsightly species that play an important role in the ecological web, took place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player