Bugatti Veyron is the world`s fastest car, again!
Washington: Guinness has pulled a U-turn, confirming Buggati Veyron, with a top speed of 431.072 km per hour, as the world`s fastest car.
Bugatti`s record set back in 2010 is official all over again, after having its world record for fastest production car thrown into question by a competitor and put under review by Guinness.
"Following a thorough review conducted with a number of external experts, Guinness World Records is pleased to announce the confirmation of Bugatti`s record of Fastest production car achieved by the Veyron 16.4 Super Sport," Guinness said, according to Gizmag website.
"The focus of the review was with respect to what may constitute a modification to a car`s standard specification. Having evaluated all the necessary information, Guinness World Records is now satisfied that a change to the speed limiter does not alter the fundamental design of the car or its engine," it said.
The world record in question was a 431.072 km/h mark that Pierre Henri Raphanel set in the 1,183-hp Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super Sport in July 2010.
Despite several "paper threats" from the likes of Koenigsegg and Hennessey, Bugatti has held that record ever since, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?