Chimps outsmart kids at computer games
London: A new study has revealed that chimpanzees are better at computer games than children.
The researchers at the University of Michigan-Dearborn challenged human and chimp participants to a complex maze in a virtual-reality computer game, the Independent reported.
The study found that during the most difficult round, a chimp figured out a significantly shorter route around the maze as compared to any of the children, and some of the human adult participants.
Dorothy Fragaszy, the director of the Primate Cognition and Behavior Laboratory at the University of Georgia in Athens said that everything about testing is easier on a computer screen and one has to have a lot of control, especially in non-human animals.
The study is published online in the American Journal of Primatology.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?