China bans Apple products for officials
Beijing: China has excluded Apple from a list of products that can be bought with public money because of security concerns, media reports said.
Apple products like iPad and MacBooks were omitted from a final government procurement list distributed in July.
These products were on the list till June.
The Apple exclusion makes it the fourth major foreign company to face hurdles in the Chinese market.
China has recently told government departments to stop buying antivirus software from US firm Symantec Corp and Russian firm Kaspersky Lab.
Microsoft Windows 8 was also excluded from government purchases in May this year.
The iphone was saved from the ban because smartphone purchases are not included in the list.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Sushant Singh Rajput shares third poster of ‘M.S.Dhoni- The Untold Story’
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside