China bans Apple products for officials
Beijing: China has excluded Apple from a list of products that can be bought with public money because of security concerns, media reports said.
Apple products like iPad and MacBooks were omitted from a final government procurement list distributed in July.
These products were on the list till June.
The Apple exclusion makes it the fourth major foreign company to face hurdles in the Chinese market.
China has recently told government departments to stop buying antivirus software from US firm Symantec Corp and Russian firm Kaspersky Lab.
Microsoft Windows 8 was also excluded from government purchases in May this year.
The iphone was saved from the ban because smartphone purchases are not included in the list.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured