China bans Apple products for officials
Beijing: China has excluded Apple from a list of products that can be bought with public money because of security concerns, media reports said.
Apple products like iPad and MacBooks were omitted from a final government procurement list distributed in July.
These products were on the list till June.
The Apple exclusion makes it the fourth major foreign company to face hurdles in the Chinese market.
China has recently told government departments to stop buying antivirus software from US firm Symantec Corp and Russian firm Kaspersky Lab.
Microsoft Windows 8 was also excluded from government purchases in May this year.
The iphone was saved from the ban because smartphone purchases are not included in the list.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi