China to build new Antarctica station
Beijing: China is planning a new research station in Antarctica, the state oceanic administration said Friday.
The Taishan station, the fourth of its kind in Antarctica, will be set up between the existing Zhongshan and Kunlun stations to provide logistical support, reported Xinhua quoting Qu Tanzhou, director of Arctic and Antarctic administration at the state oceanic administration.
A scientific expedition team will leave Shanghai Nov 7 to carry out multiple investigations, and also set up the Taishan station.
The station will be used to study geology, glaciers, geo-magnetism and the atmosphere in Antarctica.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials