China to build new Antarctica station
Beijing: China is planning a new research station in Antarctica, the state oceanic administration said Friday.
The Taishan station, the fourth of its kind in Antarctica, will be set up between the existing Zhongshan and Kunlun stations to provide logistical support, reported Xinhua quoting Qu Tanzhou, director of Arctic and Antarctic administration at the state oceanic administration.
A scientific expedition team will leave Shanghai Nov 7 to carry out multiple investigations, and also set up the Taishan station.
The station will be used to study geology, glaciers, geo-magnetism and the atmosphere in Antarctica.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!