Chinese Google Baidu making own version of smart glasses
London: China`s largest search engine, Baidu, is making its own smart glasses technology, which are similar to Google`s Glass project.
A spokesman for Baidu said the glasses would be able to search by using facial recognition.
According to the BBC, Kaiser Kuo told an international news agency that Baidu had not yet decided whether the glasses would be made commercially available.
Like Google Glass, the Baidu glasses, reportedly known internally as Baidu Eye, consist of a small LCD screen attached to a slim headset.
Kuo said that the technology makes the most of Baidu`s considerable expertise in facial recognition.
Campaign group `Stop the Cyborgs` has called for limits on when the headsets can be used, the report said.
A campaigner told the BBC last month that they wanted the people to actively set social and physical bounds around the use of technologies and not just fatalistically accept the direction technology is heading in, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda