Chinese Google Baidu making own version of smart glasses
London: China`s largest search engine, Baidu, is making its own smart glasses technology, which are similar to Google`s Glass project.
A spokesman for Baidu said the glasses would be able to search by using facial recognition.
According to the BBC, Kaiser Kuo told an international news agency that Baidu had not yet decided whether the glasses would be made commercially available.
Like Google Glass, the Baidu glasses, reportedly known internally as Baidu Eye, consist of a small LCD screen attached to a slim headset.
Kuo said that the technology makes the most of Baidu`s considerable expertise in facial recognition.
Campaign group `Stop the Cyborgs` has called for limits on when the headsets can be used, the report said.
A campaigner told the BBC last month that they wanted the people to actively set social and physical bounds around the use of technologies and not just fatalistically accept the direction technology is heading in, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India