Chinese Google Baidu making own version of smart glasses
London: China`s largest search engine, Baidu, is making its own smart glasses technology, which are similar to Google`s Glass project.
A spokesman for Baidu said the glasses would be able to search by using facial recognition.
According to the BBC, Kaiser Kuo told an international news agency that Baidu had not yet decided whether the glasses would be made commercially available.
Like Google Glass, the Baidu glasses, reportedly known internally as Baidu Eye, consist of a small LCD screen attached to a slim headset.
Kuo said that the technology makes the most of Baidu`s considerable expertise in facial recognition.
Campaign group `Stop the Cyborgs` has called for limits on when the headsets can be used, the report said.
A campaigner told the BBC last month that they wanted the people to actively set social and physical bounds around the use of technologies and not just fatalistically accept the direction technology is heading in, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj