Chinese Google Baidu making own version of smart glasses
London: China`s largest search engine, Baidu, is making its own smart glasses technology, which are similar to Google`s Glass project.
A spokesman for Baidu said the glasses would be able to search by using facial recognition.
According to the BBC, Kaiser Kuo told an international news agency that Baidu had not yet decided whether the glasses would be made commercially available.
Like Google Glass, the Baidu glasses, reportedly known internally as Baidu Eye, consist of a small LCD screen attached to a slim headset.
Kuo said that the technology makes the most of Baidu`s considerable expertise in facial recognition.
Campaign group `Stop the Cyborgs` has called for limits on when the headsets can be used, the report said.
A campaigner told the BBC last month that they wanted the people to actively set social and physical bounds around the use of technologies and not just fatalistically accept the direction technology is heading in, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?