Chinese search engine Baidu mulling Google-like `self-driven` car
Washington: Chinese search engine Baidu, widely known as Google of China , is reportedly planning its own ` self- driven` car, matching up with the tech giant Google.
Deputy Director of a Baidu research group, Kai Yu revealed that the company is working on a highly autonomous car.
He added that it is an intelligent assistant collecting data from road situations and then operating locally, adding, we don`t call this a driverless car.
Yu continues to explain that the car is designed to give freedom to the driver. Freedom means the car is intelligent enough to operate by it and make decisions under different road situations.
However, the driver can resume control whenever he wants.
Yu compared the car with a horse, which is intelligent enough to take decisions but rider can also control it whenever he wants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’