Chinese search engine Baidu mulling Google-like `self-driven` car
Washington: Chinese search engine Baidu, widely known as Google of China , is reportedly planning its own ` self- driven` car, matching up with the tech giant Google.
Deputy Director of a Baidu research group, Kai Yu revealed that the company is working on a highly autonomous car.
He added that it is an intelligent assistant collecting data from road situations and then operating locally, adding, we don`t call this a driverless car.
Yu continues to explain that the car is designed to give freedom to the driver. Freedom means the car is intelligent enough to operate by it and make decisions under different road situations.
However, the driver can resume control whenever he wants.
Yu compared the car with a horse, which is intelligent enough to take decisions but rider can also control it whenever he wants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden