Chinese search engine Baidu mulling Google-like `self-driven` car
Washington: Chinese search engine Baidu, widely known as Google of China , is reportedly planning its own ` self- driven` car, matching up with the tech giant Google.
Deputy Director of a Baidu research group, Kai Yu revealed that the company is working on a highly autonomous car.
He added that it is an intelligent assistant collecting data from road situations and then operating locally, adding, we don`t call this a driverless car.
Yu continues to explain that the car is designed to give freedom to the driver. Freedom means the car is intelligent enough to operate by it and make decisions under different road situations.
However, the driver can resume control whenever he wants.
Yu compared the car with a horse, which is intelligent enough to take decisions but rider can also control it whenever he wants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Inactivated Polio Vaccine (IPV): A new tool in the fight against polio – Watch to know more about it!
- Planning a trip to USA? Check out top 5 attractions for a family holiday this summer!
- One killed in Sydney mall shooting
- Eva Mendes' brother Carlos loses cancer battle
- Swamy challenges expunging of comments in RS