Chinese search engine Baidu mulling Google-like `self-driven` car
Washington: Chinese search engine Baidu, widely known as Google of China , is reportedly planning its own ` self- driven` car, matching up with the tech giant Google.
Deputy Director of a Baidu research group, Kai Yu revealed that the company is working on a highly autonomous car.
He added that it is an intelligent assistant collecting data from road situations and then operating locally, adding, we don`t call this a driverless car.
Yu continues to explain that the car is designed to give freedom to the driver. Freedom means the car is intelligent enough to operate by it and make decisions under different road situations.
However, the driver can resume control whenever he wants.
Yu compared the car with a horse, which is intelligent enough to take decisions but rider can also control it whenever he wants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Happy Birthday AbRam Khan, you are an adorable munchkin! See what daddy Shah Rukh posted
- Nation remembers Pt Jawaharlal Nehru on his 52nd death anniversary
- IPL 2016, Qualifier 2: SRH vs GL - Second opportunity for Suresh Raina & Co to book final berth
- Two security personnel injured in gunbattle in Baramulla
- Shahid Kapoor's 'Udta Punjab' gets into trouble with Censor Board