CO2 levels during April were highest in 800,000 years
Washington: Researchers have said that the average level of carbon dioxide has, for the first time, topped 400 parts per million for a full month in April.
They`ve said that it`s likely this record-breaking moment marks the first time in 800,000 years that the Earth`s atmosphere has featured so much CO2, discovery News reported.
James Butler, director of the Global Monitoring Division of NOAA`s Boulder-based Earth System Research Laboratory ( ESRL ), said in a statement that they continue to turn the dial up on this `electric blanket` of ours without knowing what the resulting temperatures will be.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Peter Thiel tells Republican convention he is ''proud to be gay''
- Know what Kapil Sharma’s team did the moment ‘bua’ Upasana Singh quit ‘Comedy Nights Live’
- Papua New Guinea leader survives no-confidence vote
- Jose Mourinho's appointment as Manchester United coach is a great move, he knows how to win titles: David Beckham
- Graeme Cremer named Zimbabwe's Test captain for Test series against New Zealand