CO2 levels during April were highest in 800,000 years
Washington: Researchers have said that the average level of carbon dioxide has, for the first time, topped 400 parts per million for a full month in April.
They`ve said that it`s likely this record-breaking moment marks the first time in 800,000 years that the Earth`s atmosphere has featured so much CO2, discovery News reported.
James Butler, director of the Global Monitoring Division of NOAA`s Boulder-based Earth System Research Laboratory ( ESRL ), said in a statement that they continue to turn the dial up on this `electric blanket` of ours without knowing what the resulting temperatures will be.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!