Coming soon, smart contact lenses to give you superhuman vision!
Washington: A latest eyewear system made with a combination of glasses and contact lenses could reportedly allow the wearer to have superhuman vision by focusing on finer details of objects that are otherwise not visible to natural eye .
The iOptik lenses, developed by Innovega, has two parts, including contact lenses, which give the wearer enhanced focusing abilities, beyond normal eye`s capacity.
The second part of the system includes glasses, which include flat-panels or micro-projectors that can display apps and media and create a Google Glass-like experience, while wearing them on the contact lenses would further enhance the vision, Mashable reports.
iOptik spokesperson said that a lot of companies are trying to blend contacts and glasses tech into one device but it has limitations of creating a tiny field of view.
The spokesperson further explained that Google Glass is the equivalent of having a smartphone about 24 inches in front of the eyes, while the iOptik system is six times the resolution and 20 times the area, equivalent to looking at a big TV projection.
The company hopes the tech would eventually replace the smartphone, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state