Compile findings as part of `Vision 2030`: Kalam
Shillong: Former president APJ Abdul Kalam Friday asked IIM-Shillong students to compile their findings and suggestions on various topics as part of their "Vision 2030 for the Dimensions of Development in India".
"We (students) presented our views from a managerial perspective on the topics and explained how they envisioned the future of India`s economy on various issues ranging from Climate Change, Robotics, Agriculture to Nanotechnology as part of `Vision 2030 for the Dimensions of Development in India` to our former president (Kalam)," Ayushi Rohira, a student of Indian Institute of Management (IIM)-Shillong told IANS.
"He was impressed with our ideas and requested us to compile their findings and suggestions in a report that will be looked into and the most feasible solutions will be implemented," he added.
The "Missile Man", as Kalam is also known due to his background in aerospace engineering and his role in India`s indigenous missile development, is one of the visiting faculty members at IIM-Shillong.
Kalam was here since Thursday delivering lectures under a series titled "Dimensions of National Development" and guiding students individually as well as in groups.
Another student, Yash Bhambhwani, said: "July 25, 2014 will go down in the history of IIM-Shillong as the day when young minds presented their views and recommendations for a prosperous world in 2030."
"The various facets that he (Kalam) talked about included a vision for the nation for 2030 ... He taught us that leaders of tomorrow must have the passion to transform their vision to actions," student Rohan Modi said.
The IIM here, named after former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi, started in 2008 from a makeshift campus at a complex that was the erstwhile summer palace of the kings of Mayurbhanj in Odisha. The Meghalaya government has allotted a 120-acre plot on which work has begun for a state-of-the-art academic-cum-residential campus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla