Device that makes smart phone an eye doctor!
New York: What about a smart phone that can click high-resolution pictures of the front and back of the eye that can help specialists sitting in metros advise you in places where health care is less accessible?
With two inexpensive adapters developed by researchers at Stanford University School of Medicine in California, this is now possible.
“The adapters make it easy for anyone with minimal training to take a picture of the eye and share it securely with other health practitioners or store it in the patient`s electronic record,” explained Robert Chang, assistant professor of ophthalmology at Stanford and one of the developers.
This technology can increase access to eye care services as well as improve the ability to advise on patient care remotely.
“Adapting smart phones for the eye has the potential to revolutionise the delivery of eye care especially in the developing world where opthalmologists are few and far between,” added lead author David Myung.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray