Device that scans your drink for safety
New York: Next time you go to a party in a bar, do not hesitate if someone offers you a drink. Just dip this little stick clandestinely in the glass and get to know if the drink is spiked or not.
Called pd.id (personal drink ID), just stick the pocket-sized gizmo into your drink and it will scan for colour, conductivity and temperature.
It then takes that information and compares it to a database of drinks it knows by connecting to an app on your phone.
If it finds that the drink is red wine and nothing more, a green light flashes.
"But if it spots a date-rape drug, the red light will flash," its developer David Wilson was quoted as saying in the Huffington Post.
"pd.id is a warning system. Even if it cannot find exactly what has been mixed in the drink, the red light will still flash," Wilson added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Mika Singh's guest appearance on 'The Kapil Sharma Show' cost him 'Comedy Nights LIVE'?
- Bihar road rage: Manorama Devi's bail plea postponed
- ‘Just married’ Bipasha Basu’s response to Raj Kundra’s ‘family planning’ question is epic!
- Delhi wakes to cool morning after rain, thunderstorm bring down mercury
- Days after Rishi Kapoor's 'baap ka maal' tweet against Gandhi family, Congress workers 'name' public toilet after him