Device that scans your drink for safety
New York: Next time you go to a party in a bar, do not hesitate if someone offers you a drink. Just dip this little stick clandestinely in the glass and get to know if the drink is spiked or not.
Called pd.id (personal drink ID), just stick the pocket-sized gizmo into your drink and it will scan for colour, conductivity and temperature.
It then takes that information and compares it to a database of drinks it knows by connecting to an app on your phone.
If it finds that the drink is red wine and nothing more, a green light flashes.
"But if it spots a date-rape drug, the red light will flash," its developer David Wilson was quoted as saying in the Huffington Post.
"pd.id is a warning system. Even if it cannot find exactly what has been mixed in the drink, the red light will still flash," Wilson added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian youth severely addicted to toxic drugs
- Leonardo DiCaprio to speak about anti-beef movement at RSS meet in UK
- Bihar rape: Accused five persons still absconding, Police clueless
- UK's exit from EU: India prepared for all eventualities, says Shaktikanta Das
- Britain exits European Union, first country to leave 28-nation bloc
- Blake Lively flaunts her baby bump, shows 'Expectation vs. Reality'
- Priyanka Chopra to sing LIVE at IIFA for the first time ever! – Details inside
- China Airlines workers on indefinite strike in Taiwan
- Pakistan shows its big heart, grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Find out what lies beneath your fingernails!