Device that texts you if your bike gets stolen
New York: All of us have heard or seen trackers that would nail car or SUV thieves down but here comes a system that texts you if someone steals, or even touches, your motorbike in the parking!
The new Scorpio Ride `Core` system from Massachusetts-based Scorpio Sounds uses an Apple or Android app to keep track of a module installed inside the bike.
The box plugs into the battery and relays everything from location to tyre pressure to your phone, tablet or computer.
The `Core` connects straight into the bike’s battery so it monitors the charge status and can send a message if the juice is getting too low, a report in wired.com said.
If someone manages to steal the bike, it trigger the app’s emergency mode which produces a pin code that gives police temporary access to the live location feed and can be tracked to between 10 and 20 feet.
“If a thief disconnects the bike’s battery, the unit has an internal backup power source to keep sending information until they catch the thief,” the developed informed.
The bike tracking system starts at a price of $219 (Rs.13,000).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'