Digg to launch alternative to Google Reader prior to its removal
Washington: Social news website Digg is set to launch its product, an alternative to Google Reader on June 26, less than a week before Google shuts down its reader service.
According to Washington Post, Digg`s five-person newsreader team would launch the product in what is anticipated to be Google`s alternative aiming at a simpler and uncluttered design.
Digg said that the product would allow users to integrate with note-taking services such as Evernote, and tools to let users sort, filter and rank their feeds.
According to the report, Digg plans to make the service into a ` freemium` product in which charges are applied for only more advanced services.
The company is aiming at initially getting the basics right with a clean and uncluttered design and a powerful backend infrastructure, adding that the company will work on a richer feature set based on users` feedback, ideas and requests, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre