Digg to launch alternative to Google Reader prior to its removal
Washington: Social news website Digg is set to launch its product, an alternative to Google Reader on June 26, less than a week before Google shuts down its reader service.
According to Washington Post, Digg`s five-person newsreader team would launch the product in what is anticipated to be Google`s alternative aiming at a simpler and uncluttered design.
Digg said that the product would allow users to integrate with note-taking services such as Evernote, and tools to let users sort, filter and rank their feeds.
According to the report, Digg plans to make the service into a ` freemium` product in which charges are applied for only more advanced services.
The company is aiming at initially getting the basics right with a clean and uncluttered design and a powerful backend infrastructure, adding that the company will work on a richer feature set based on users` feedback, ideas and requests, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NT Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags 'Best News Channel Website' honour
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- NT Awards 2016: Zee News wins five awards in various categories
- AAP advertising budget less than money spent on PM Modi's clothes: Arvind Kejriwal
- ''Disappointment'' over Pay Commission due to Centre's inability to rein in inflation: JD (U)
- Want to live longer? Restrict your calorie intake!
- Maharashtra B.Ed CET Result 2016: dhe.mhpravesh.in declares B.Ed CET Results, check B.Ed result 2016 by directly clicking here