Digg to launch alternative to Google Reader prior to its removal
Washington: Social news website Digg is set to launch its product, an alternative to Google Reader on June 26, less than a week before Google shuts down its reader service.
According to Washington Post, Digg`s five-person newsreader team would launch the product in what is anticipated to be Google`s alternative aiming at a simpler and uncluttered design.
Digg said that the product would allow users to integrate with note-taking services such as Evernote, and tools to let users sort, filter and rank their feeds.
According to the report, Digg plans to make the service into a ` freemium` product in which charges are applied for only more advanced services.
The company is aiming at initially getting the basics right with a clean and uncluttered design and a powerful backend infrastructure, adding that the company will work on a richer feature set based on users` feedback, ideas and requests, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16