Digg to launch alternative to Google Reader prior to its removal
Washington: Social news website Digg is set to launch its product, an alternative to Google Reader on June 26, less than a week before Google shuts down its reader service.
According to Washington Post, Digg`s five-person newsreader team would launch the product in what is anticipated to be Google`s alternative aiming at a simpler and uncluttered design.
Digg said that the product would allow users to integrate with note-taking services such as Evernote, and tools to let users sort, filter and rank their feeds.
According to the report, Digg plans to make the service into a ` freemium` product in which charges are applied for only more advanced services.
The company is aiming at initially getting the basics right with a clean and uncluttered design and a powerful backend infrastructure, adding that the company will work on a richer feature set based on users` feedback, ideas and requests, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi