Dinosaurs may be brought back to life
Washington: Even though dinosaurs have been long extinct, bringing them back to life might be possible.
Resurrecting long extinct species such as the woolly mammoth, passenger pigeon or other extinct species is the subject of a conference at the National Geographic Society in Washington.
Organizers said that rapid advances in molecular biology and new conservation perspectives are creating a new field called `de-extinction.`
Speakers include Chris Anderson, curator of the TED Conference talk series, Australian paleontologist Michael Archer and Spanish researcher Alberto FernDandez-Arias, who has worked on cloning a now-extinct goat.
The daylong conference will include discussions of the ethical issues raised if extinct species can be brought back.
Those questions include whether they should be released back into the wild and which species should be chosen.
But organizers said that dinosaurs aren`t among the candidate species, unlike in the movie `Jurassic Park.`
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed