Dolphins may not be as smart as thought!
London: Dolphins, which are believed to be the cleverest creatures in the animal kingdom, may not possess high intelligence, a new study has revealed.
Zoologist Justin Gregg, author of ‘Are Dolphins Really Smart?’ said that in terms of intelligence they are nowhere near as special as they have been portrayed.
According to Gregg, a researcher with the Dolphin Communication Project in America and co-editor of journal Aquatic Mammals, although dolphins show signs of complex behaviour- such as living in large social groups, empathy and communicating with peers- chickens, pigs and bears also show these traits.
The researcher also claimed that other scientists had made mistakes, most crucially that dolphins’ large brains equal greater intelligence and that the complex sounds they make are a form of language.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets