Dolphins may not be as smart as thought!
London: Dolphins, which are believed to be the cleverest creatures in the animal kingdom, may not possess high intelligence, a new study has revealed.
Zoologist Justin Gregg, author of ‘Are Dolphins Really Smart?’ said that in terms of intelligence they are nowhere near as special as they have been portrayed.
According to Gregg, a researcher with the Dolphin Communication Project in America and co-editor of journal Aquatic Mammals, although dolphins show signs of complex behaviour- such as living in large social groups, empathy and communicating with peers- chickens, pigs and bears also show these traits.
The researcher also claimed that other scientists had made mistakes, most crucially that dolphins’ large brains equal greater intelligence and that the complex sounds they make are a form of language.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das