Dolphins may not be as smart as thought!
London: Dolphins, which are believed to be the cleverest creatures in the animal kingdom, may not possess high intelligence, a new study has revealed.
Zoologist Justin Gregg, author of ‘Are Dolphins Really Smart?’ said that in terms of intelligence they are nowhere near as special as they have been portrayed.
According to Gregg, a researcher with the Dolphin Communication Project in America and co-editor of journal Aquatic Mammals, although dolphins show signs of complex behaviour- such as living in large social groups, empathy and communicating with peers- chickens, pigs and bears also show these traits.
The researcher also claimed that other scientists had made mistakes, most crucially that dolphins’ large brains equal greater intelligence and that the complex sounds they make are a form of language.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Anxious mother fox waits while men work to rescue her trapped cub– Watch the emotional moment!
- Attention Malaika! Hubby Arbaaz Khan is all set to romance Sunny Leone on reel
- Fallujah offensive against Iraq: Five things you need to know about
- Prime Minister wishes Goans on statehood day
- IPL 2016: Hilarious! When Umar Akmal congratulated David Warner-led SRH for winning Pakistan Super League