Dolphins may not be as smart as thought!
London: Dolphins, which are believed to be the cleverest creatures in the animal kingdom, may not possess high intelligence, a new study has revealed.
Zoologist Justin Gregg, author of ‘Are Dolphins Really Smart?’ said that in terms of intelligence they are nowhere near as special as they have been portrayed.
According to Gregg, a researcher with the Dolphin Communication Project in America and co-editor of journal Aquatic Mammals, although dolphins show signs of complex behaviour- such as living in large social groups, empathy and communicating with peers- chickens, pigs and bears also show these traits.
The researcher also claimed that other scientists had made mistakes, most crucially that dolphins’ large brains equal greater intelligence and that the complex sounds they make are a form of language.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi