DRDO launches high performance computing system `Dhruva-3`
Hyderabad: India`s high performance computing system `Dhruva-3`, designed for solving mission defence research and development critical applications, was launched here today.
Avinash Chander, Secretary of Department of Defence Research and Development and Director General of DRDO inaugurated the system at Advanced Numerical Research and Analysis Group (ANURAG) here, a statement from Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) said.
"It is a high-end facility (which is) very useful for the design of aircraft particularly Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA) and other such aircraft where we require analysis of aerodynamics at high speeds and under different conditions", Chander said while addressing the ANURAG scientists during the inauguration.
It is one of the fastest computing facility in the country and will also play a very good roll in cyber security and information processing, he added.
Chander also toured various centres in ANURAG and inquired about the indigenous microprocessors, System-on-Chips and Trusted Computing Systems developed by ANURAG.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Donald Trump calls for immediate closure of ''corrupt'' Clinton Foundation
- Hillary Clinton e-mail scandal: FBI discovers 15,000 more e-mails
- British police intercept drones flying drugs, cell phones into London prison
- My writing will never be the same, says author Perumal Murugan
- Japan's first lady makes first visit to Pearl Harbor