DRDO launches high performance computing system `Dhruva-3`
Hyderabad: India`s high performance computing system `Dhruva-3`, designed for solving mission defence research and development critical applications, was launched here today.
Avinash Chander, Secretary of Department of Defence Research and Development and Director General of DRDO inaugurated the system at Advanced Numerical Research and Analysis Group (ANURAG) here, a statement from Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) said.
"It is a high-end facility (which is) very useful for the design of aircraft particularly Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA) and other such aircraft where we require analysis of aerodynamics at high speeds and under different conditions", Chander said while addressing the ANURAG scientists during the inauguration.
It is one of the fastest computing facility in the country and will also play a very good roll in cyber security and information processing, he added.
Chander also toured various centres in ANURAG and inquired about the indigenous microprocessors, System-on-Chips and Trusted Computing Systems developed by ANURAG.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000