Electronic fabric that changes colours in seconds created
Zee Media Bureau
London: It`s not a science fiction, but real. A Budapest-based textile designer has come up with a brilliant creation - an interactive electronic fabric that can change colours on hearing sound or when touched in a research called `Chromosonic`.
It says the fabric can change colours in seconds just like a chameleon using a number of electronic devices.
The fabric, created by Judit Eszter Karpati from Hungary, using computer programming, engineering and electronic devices, includes two moving textile `displays` that can change colour and pattern and react when they are heated up or when pressure is applied.
“My main interest in textile design is the dynamically changing surfaces, structures, integrating interactive technologies into textiles,” said Judit Eszter Karpati.
The fabric consists of `arduino` (a micro-controller) with 12V power supply and 20 custom PCBs (printed circuit boards) driving and controlling four industrial 24V DC power supplies, that heat two handmade textile woven with nichrome wires and screen-printed with thermochromatic dying, revealing the pre-programmed patterns.
She said that users can also leave traces on the surface through touch.
“The patterns are generated from sound files. The heat sensitive static patterns create dynamically changing patterns,” Karpati was quoted as saying.
The designer added that further research could make this fabric wearable.
With Agency Inputs
Pic Credit: http://chromosonic.tumblr.com/
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Uttarakhand Board Class 12th Examination Results 2016: Uttarakhand Board (UK) Class 12th Results 2016, Uttarakhand Class 12 Results 2016 to be declared on May 25
- Virat Kohli has been advised rest by Team India physiotherapist after IPL 2016: Sandeep Patil
- We are looking at future of Indian cricket: Sandeep Patil on Yuvraj, Harbhajan's axing
- If you survive in Mumbai cricket, you get rewarded: Shardul Thakur on maiden Test call-up
- Shah Rukh Khan remembers his school days, wonders how time has changed! Details inside