Electronic fabric that changes colours in seconds created
Zee Media Bureau
London: It`s not a science fiction, but real. A Budapest-based textile designer has come up with a brilliant creation - an interactive electronic fabric that can change colours on hearing sound or when touched in a research called `Chromosonic`.
It says the fabric can change colours in seconds just like a chameleon using a number of electronic devices.
The fabric, created by Judit Eszter Karpati from Hungary, using computer programming, engineering and electronic devices, includes two moving textile `displays` that can change colour and pattern and react when they are heated up or when pressure is applied.
“My main interest in textile design is the dynamically changing surfaces, structures, integrating interactive technologies into textiles,” said Judit Eszter Karpati.
The fabric consists of `arduino` (a micro-controller) with 12V power supply and 20 custom PCBs (printed circuit boards) driving and controlling four industrial 24V DC power supplies, that heat two handmade textile woven with nichrome wires and screen-printed with thermochromatic dying, revealing the pre-programmed patterns.
She said that users can also leave traces on the surface through touch.
“The patterns are generated from sound files. The heat sensitive static patterns create dynamically changing patterns,” Karpati was quoted as saying.
The designer added that further research could make this fabric wearable.
With Agency Inputs
Pic Credit: http://chromosonic.tumblr.com/
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre