Electronic fabric that changes colours in seconds created
Zee Media Bureau
London: It`s not a science fiction, but real. A Budapest-based textile designer has come up with a brilliant creation - an interactive electronic fabric that can change colours on hearing sound or when touched in a research called `Chromosonic`.
It says the fabric can change colours in seconds just like a chameleon using a number of electronic devices.
The fabric, created by Judit Eszter Karpati from Hungary, using computer programming, engineering and electronic devices, includes two moving textile `displays` that can change colour and pattern and react when they are heated up or when pressure is applied.
“My main interest in textile design is the dynamically changing surfaces, structures, integrating interactive technologies into textiles,” said Judit Eszter Karpati.
The fabric consists of `arduino` (a micro-controller) with 12V power supply and 20 custom PCBs (printed circuit boards) driving and controlling four industrial 24V DC power supplies, that heat two handmade textile woven with nichrome wires and screen-printed with thermochromatic dying, revealing the pre-programmed patterns.
She said that users can also leave traces on the surface through touch.
“The patterns are generated from sound files. The heat sensitive static patterns create dynamically changing patterns,” Karpati was quoted as saying.
The designer added that further research could make this fabric wearable.
With Agency Inputs
Pic Credit: http://chromosonic.tumblr.com/
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi