Fingernails glow when you make a call!
Tokyo: You will soon have fingernails that would glow as you call someone.
A Japanese firm has unveiled fingernails that light up when you make a call.
You just need to pick up Android-powered smart phone to set your fingers glowing.
Building on the immense popularity of manicure art - where small gem-like stones are stuck on the nail - a Japanese toy firm Takara Tomy ARTS has developed a micro-thin LED sticker.
The "LumiDecoNail" uses a technology called Near Field Communication.
In this, small amounts of power are transferred very short distances to communicate with a smart phone.
It also flashes whenever the wearer uses an electronic money card.
The product would go on sale in Japan next week, with a set of 16 nail stickers, one of which contains the LED.
“I am now wearing it on the middle finger of my right hand. It blinks whenever I pass through train gates, which lifts my heart a bit,” a company press release said.
The company would consider marketing the cosmetic product overseas after seeing how consumers in Japan react.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand