Fossils of `Dueling Dinosaurs` to go on auction block
Zee Media Bureau\Philaso G Kaping
New York: The fossilized remains of two dinosaurs found on a Montana ranch in 2006 are set to go under the hammer in New York City.
The fossils, dubbed as the “Montana Dueling Dinosaurs”, are expected to fetch between USD 7 million and USD 9 million.
The dinosaurs, believed to be a tyrannosaurid and a triceratops-like creature, are likely to have killed each other in a combat 67 million years ago and got buried together, their remains somehow escaping the jaws of scavengers.
Bonhams is selling the fossils as one lot on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers