Fossils of `Dueling Dinosaurs` to go on auction block
Zee Media Bureau\Philaso G Kaping
New York: The fossilized remains of two dinosaurs found on a Montana ranch in 2006 are set to go under the hammer in New York City.
The fossils, dubbed as the “Montana Dueling Dinosaurs”, are expected to fetch between USD 7 million and USD 9 million.
The dinosaurs, believed to be a tyrannosaurid and a triceratops-like creature, are likely to have killed each other in a combat 67 million years ago and got buried together, their remains somehow escaping the jaws of scavengers.
Bonhams is selling the fossils as one lot on Tuesday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma