Fossils of `Dueling Dinosaurs` to go on auction block
Zee Media Bureau\Philaso G Kaping
New York: The fossilized remains of two dinosaurs found on a Montana ranch in 2006 are set to go under the hammer in New York City.
The fossils, dubbed as the “Montana Dueling Dinosaurs”, are expected to fetch between USD 7 million and USD 9 million.
The dinosaurs, believed to be a tyrannosaurid and a triceratops-like creature, are likely to have killed each other in a combat 67 million years ago and got buried together, their remains somehow escaping the jaws of scavengers.
Bonhams is selling the fossils as one lot on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday