Fossils of `Dueling Dinosaurs` to go on auction block
Zee Media Bureau\Philaso G Kaping
New York: The fossilized remains of two dinosaurs found on a Montana ranch in 2006 are set to go under the hammer in New York City.
The fossils, dubbed as the “Montana Dueling Dinosaurs”, are expected to fetch between USD 7 million and USD 9 million.
The dinosaurs, believed to be a tyrannosaurid and a triceratops-like creature, are likely to have killed each other in a combat 67 million years ago and got buried together, their remains somehow escaping the jaws of scavengers.
Bonhams is selling the fossils as one lot on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state