Future aircrafts may be powered by cow poo
London: A plane powered by cow dung is one of the ideas short-listed in a global contest to design the aircraft of the future, sponsored by European plane maker AIRBUS.
Submitted by engineering students from Australia, it will see the jet fuelled by methane generated from farmyard waste stored in refrigerated pods next to the plane`s engines.
The CLiMA team estimates the smelly solution could cut CO2 emissions by up to 97 per cent, the Sun reported.
Floating luggage on a bed of air for easy access and a jet running on passengers` body heat are ideas in included the contest.
The final two entries on the shortlist of five are a plane made of shape-shifting materials to cut noise and one powered by rechargeable batteries.
Airbus will award a 25,500-pound prize to the Fly Your Ideas contest winner.
Brazil`s Team Levar dreamt up the floating-luggage concept.
The idea of using passenger`s body heat to generate power was conceived by a Malaysian group. Seat sensors would capture energy to run onboard electrical systems, cutting energy demands.
The winner will be announced in Paris on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery