Future aircrafts may be powered by cow poo
London: A plane powered by cow dung is one of the ideas short-listed in a global contest to design the aircraft of the future, sponsored by European plane maker AIRBUS.
Submitted by engineering students from Australia, it will see the jet fuelled by methane generated from farmyard waste stored in refrigerated pods next to the plane`s engines.
The CLiMA team estimates the smelly solution could cut CO2 emissions by up to 97 per cent, the Sun reported.
Floating luggage on a bed of air for easy access and a jet running on passengers` body heat are ideas in included the contest.
The final two entries on the shortlist of five are a plane made of shape-shifting materials to cut noise and one powered by rechargeable batteries.
Airbus will award a 25,500-pound prize to the Fly Your Ideas contest winner.
Brazil`s Team Levar dreamt up the floating-luggage concept.
The idea of using passenger`s body heat to generate power was conceived by a Malaysian group. Seat sensors would capture energy to run onboard electrical systems, cutting energy demands.
The winner will be announced in Paris on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog