`Future technology to be embedded in human bodies`
Washington: Leading technology companies have reportedly predicted the future of wearable technology to move from external devices and become embedded in human bodies.
According to the New York Daily News, tech executives at the annual VentureBeat MobileBeat conference, discussed the future of `wearable` devices, and said that ` Google Glass` is just the beginning adding that smartphone will continue to remain central to consumers` digital lives and soon people would be carrying devices inside their bodies.
Head of voice recognition company Nuance, Gary Clayton, said that within biomedical engineering, the idea of `wearable` technology devices worn inside the body is only five to ten years away from becoming reality.
The consensus of tech companies is that although the wearable device`s popularity is beginning to grow, there is still a long way to go before they really become mainstream and that the data and information that they collect becomes so important that their benefits are impossible to ignore.
CEO of Basis Science, Jef Holove said that companies have to find innovative ways of converting that data that such devices track, into information that consumers will find both useful and easy to understand.
According to the report, the tech companies agreed to the fact that smartphones today have emerged from their basic role of making calls and increasingly becoming powerful pocket computers
Samsung`s Chief strategy officer, Young Sohn believes that the next logical step will be for consumers to have nanotechnology embedded in their bodies in the ` wearable technology era`, the report added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'