Game on with one hand courtesy new smartphone app
Kolkata: You don't need both hands to game on: Plug into Gamezop, a new casual gaming app that lets you tinker around with the latest international games on your smartphone, say its developers.
Start-up app Gamezop acts as a one-stop destination for games and will represent India in the semi-finals of International Business Model Competition 2016 to be held at the Microsoft Campus in Redmond, Washington, the US.
IIT-Kharagpur's Entrepreneurship Cell (E-Cell) on Saturday announced the winners of Empresario 2016, the annual global business model competition presented with IBM.
The Delhi-based start-up won a fully sponsored trip to participate directly in the semi-final round of the global contest scheduled on April 29 and April 30.
Gamezop is a game aggregator that lets users choose from 350 games that can be played with a single hand, said Gaurav Agarwal, co-founder at Gamezop.
"If you are travelling in the Metro and have one hand free, you could keep yourself engaged with the Android app. It is a host app that aggregates games from across the world particularly from Europe. Players can even get offline access to the games," Agarwal told IANS at the award announcement.
In business for seven months, the start-up aims to scale up to at least 1,000 games.
Empresario is a major event of the E-Cell's ongoing Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES) that concludes on Sunday with the launch of KGP Angel Investors' Network and Kharagpur Product Innovation Network.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees