Geocache latest word added to scrabble dictionary
Washington: Geocache, which means treasure hunting via GPS, is the new word added to Hasbro`s Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Thanks to fans who voted in the Scrabble Word Showdown on the Hasbro Game Night Facebook Page-"geocache" may just be the word you need to win your next match, CNet reported.
Up against the final 16 words such as bitcoin, bestie, ew, retweet, zen, woot, booyah, cosplay, lifehack, and adorbs, geocache came out as the final winner.
Geocache-an adventurous past time where people use clues and GPS to find real-life hidden treasures often placed on hiking trails and remote locations-now counts as a legal word to use in a Scrabble game.
It`s the first new word to be added in nine years, and it will be included in the fifth edition of Hasbro`s Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees