`Gesture` keyboard lets you swipe words in air!
Toronto: In what could bring about some sweeping changes to the information technology, scientists are now on their way to present “gesture-swipe” keyboards that lets you type messages simply by waving your hands in the air.
Based partly on sensor technology built for the Microsoft Kinect games, the keyboards of the future could let users manipulate data without sitting down and typing in one letter at a time.
These ideas will help doctors use a computer while doing surgery, for example, or just drive a video game race car with an imaginary steering wheel, said researchers.
Microsoft Research has already come up with a prototype keyboard “sensing rich and expressive motion gestures performed both on and directly above the device”.
“It lets you pinch and swipe just like a smart phone screen a few inches above the keyboard, using built-in infrared sensors to detect movement,” Discovery News reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?