Giant footprint in US woman`s backyard sparks Bigfoot rumours
New York: A gigantic footprint found in an Ohio woman`s backyard has led to speculation that it may have been left behind by the mysterious Bigfoot.
From toe to toe, the footprint measures 7.5 inches wide. Its length, however, appears comparable to a male human`s foot.
Wendy, who did not give her last name, came across the imprint while doing yardwork, last month.
It was planted about an inch and a half deep in the mud, said the Ashtabula County resident.
"It`s much larger than anything me or my husband has ever seen," Wendy told NewsNet5.
"I took a picture to show my mother`s husband, who`s a hunter, and he said it wasn`t a human`s. I`m not claiming that footprint to be anything. I don`t know what that is," she said.
However, Wendy has ruled out that the footprint belongs to a bear, `New York Daily News` reported.
"The hunters agree, it`s not a bear. These are definitely toes. They are not claws," she said.
So, could this be the footprint of a Sasquatch, otherwise known as Bigfoot? For Wendy, this is not her first encounter with strange happenings in her neighbourhood.
In the last five years, she said, she`s had a series of unusual experiences around her home ranging from strange sounds to dark figures.
Once she heard a growl unlike anything she had ever heard before and another time she saw what appeared to be a large man in all black running around before dusk.
She said she`s even heard a loud pounding on the outside of her house.
Bigfoot is the name given to an ape-like creature that some people believe inhabits forests, mainly in the Pacific Northwest region of North America. Bigfoot is usually described as a large, hairy, bipedal humanoid.
According to the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organisation, which has documented sightings across the US, Ohio is ranked with Illinois as the fourth most-common state for Bigfoot sightings.
Both states have had about 242 sightings each.
The state with the most sightings reported is Washington, with 568 sightings. In second is California with 428, and Florida is third, with 258.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 92 seats, BJP ahead in 73; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena, BJP supporters clash in Mumbai; Congress wiped out from state
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway