`Glow in the dark` road lights up Netherland highway
London: A "glow in the dark" road was recently unveiled on a 500m stretch of highway in Netherlands that contained a "photo-luminizing" powder that would charges it up in the daytime and would slowly emit a green glow at night.
Interactive artist Daan Roosegaarde who teamed up with Dutch civil engineering firm Heijmans said that he was completely stunned that they somehow spent billions on the design and research and development of cars, but somehow the roads which actually determined the way their landscape looked were completely untouched to that process, BBC reported.
Roosegaarde had earlier told BBC that this road was about safety and envisaging a more self-sustainable and interactive world.
Heijmans asserted that glow in the dark technology was also a sustainable alternative to places where no conventional lighting was present and the concept can be apparently seen on the N329 in Oss, which is approximately 100km south east of Amsterdam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video