Google likely to unveil own smartwatch
Washington: Google is reportedly set to enter the smartwatch market with its own range of a smart wrist gadget.
According to sources, the tech giant`s innovative `Google Now` will act as a virtual personal assistant, answer the user`s questions and display important information, apart from syncing data from a smartphone to the watch.
The tech giant is also trying to equip the smartwatch with a longer battery charge and Bluetooth 4.0 support, CBS News reports.
The report said that despite the smartwatch market being still new, developers are facing difficulty in gauging consumer preference for the technology with fears that people won`t ditch the technology after awhile.
Recently, Sony CEO Kazuo Hirai said that the smartwatch technology is constrained by how big a watch people are willing to wear.
Google`s smartwatch, if reports are to be believed, will be seen competing Samsung`s Galaxy Gear and Apple`s yet-to-be-unveiled iWatch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged