Google likely to unveil own smartwatch
Washington: Google is reportedly set to enter the smartwatch market with its own range of a smart wrist gadget.
According to sources, the tech giant`s innovative `Google Now` will act as a virtual personal assistant, answer the user`s questions and display important information, apart from syncing data from a smartphone to the watch.
The tech giant is also trying to equip the smartwatch with a longer battery charge and Bluetooth 4.0 support, CBS News reports.
The report said that despite the smartwatch market being still new, developers are facing difficulty in gauging consumer preference for the technology with fears that people won`t ditch the technology after awhile.
Recently, Sony CEO Kazuo Hirai said that the smartwatch technology is constrained by how big a watch people are willing to wear.
Google`s smartwatch, if reports are to be believed, will be seen competing Samsung`s Galaxy Gear and Apple`s yet-to-be-unveiled iWatch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued