Google likely to unveil own smartwatch
Washington: Google is reportedly set to enter the smartwatch market with its own range of a smart wrist gadget.
According to sources, the tech giant`s innovative `Google Now` will act as a virtual personal assistant, answer the user`s questions and display important information, apart from syncing data from a smartphone to the watch.
The tech giant is also trying to equip the smartwatch with a longer battery charge and Bluetooth 4.0 support, CBS News reports.
The report said that despite the smartwatch market being still new, developers are facing difficulty in gauging consumer preference for the technology with fears that people won`t ditch the technology after awhile.
Recently, Sony CEO Kazuo Hirai said that the smartwatch technology is constrained by how big a watch people are willing to wear.
Google`s smartwatch, if reports are to be believed, will be seen competing Samsung`s Galaxy Gear and Apple`s yet-to-be-unveiled iWatch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog