Google likely to unveil own smartwatch
Washington: Google is reportedly set to enter the smartwatch market with its own range of a smart wrist gadget.
According to sources, the tech giant`s innovative `Google Now` will act as a virtual personal assistant, answer the user`s questions and display important information, apart from syncing data from a smartphone to the watch.
The tech giant is also trying to equip the smartwatch with a longer battery charge and Bluetooth 4.0 support, CBS News reports.
The report said that despite the smartwatch market being still new, developers are facing difficulty in gauging consumer preference for the technology with fears that people won`t ditch the technology after awhile.
Recently, Sony CEO Kazuo Hirai said that the smartwatch technology is constrained by how big a watch people are willing to wear.
Google`s smartwatch, if reports are to be believed, will be seen competing Samsung`s Galaxy Gear and Apple`s yet-to-be-unveiled iWatch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...