Government will focus on high-end research, innovation: Indian President
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee Monday said that the government will focus on high-end research and nurturing innovation.
Addressing the joint session of both houses of parliament to outline the agenda of the Narendra Modi government, Mukherjee said that the government will build world class research centres for research in nanotechnology, stem cell and brain.
"An institute of technology for rural development will be established. A central university of Himalayan studies will be established," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!