Government will focus on high-end research, innovation: Indian President
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee Monday said that the government will focus on high-end research and nurturing innovation.
Addressing the joint session of both houses of parliament to outline the agenda of the Narendra Modi government, Mukherjee said that the government will build world class research centres for research in nanotechnology, stem cell and brain.
"An institute of technology for rural development will be established. A central university of Himalayan studies will be established," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police