Grand Theft Auto 5 bags `Game of the Year` Golden Joystick award
London: The controversial, adult-themed crime game, Grand Theft Auto 5 has reportedly won the `Game of the Year` award at the Golden Joystick awards.
Grand Theft Auto 5, released last month, quickly became the fastest selling entertainment product ever, taking just three days to generate 1billion dollars in revenue.
According to the BBC, Ken Levine, the man behind Bioshock and System Shock 2, was honoured with a lifetime achievement award, a new addition to The Golden Joysticks` category of awards.
Levine has been a high profile figure in the industry ever since he worked with designer Doug Church, on the first-person shooter, Thief: The Dark Project, credited with being one of the first titles to introduce the concept of stealth into video games.
The award for Best Newcomer was bagged by The Last of Us, which also won the Best Storytelling category, while the Most Wanted category saw Witcher 3: Wild Hunt as the winner.
Studio of the Year was won by Naughty Dog, and World of Tanks was awarded as the Best Online Game.
The report added that now in its 31st year, the awards were first given out back in 1983, with the first Game of the Year award going to Jet Pac on the ZX Spectrum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends
- No confirmation on meeting with Manohar Parrikar on OROP: Ex-servicemen