Haridwar student gets NASA honour
Haridwar: A school here said Saturday that an essay related to Saturn by one of its Class 7 students has won recognition from the US National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
Gayatri Vidhyapeeth, Shantikunj, said of the 29 entries from its students, one by Dhara Sharma, a student of Class 7, "has achieved the position within first 10".
Similar essays by Dipesh Bharti, Saurabh Rathi and Jasprit Kaur of Gayatri Vidhyapeeth at Rajnandgaon in Chhattisgarh had also been picked by NASA, it said.
The international essay competition related to pictures taken by Cassini-Huygens, a flagship class NASA robotic spacecraft sent to Saturn.
Since 2004, it has studied the planet and its many natural satellites.
The Haridwar school said participating students were asked to write an essay within 500 words expressing their scientific and artistic view of the pictures taken of Saturn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!