Haridwar student gets NASA honour
Haridwar: A school here said Saturday that an essay related to Saturn by one of its Class 7 students has won recognition from the US National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
Gayatri Vidhyapeeth, Shantikunj, said of the 29 entries from its students, one by Dhara Sharma, a student of Class 7, "has achieved the position within first 10".
Similar essays by Dipesh Bharti, Saurabh Rathi and Jasprit Kaur of Gayatri Vidhyapeeth at Rajnandgaon in Chhattisgarh had also been picked by NASA, it said.
The international essay competition related to pictures taken by Cassini-Huygens, a flagship class NASA robotic spacecraft sent to Saturn.
Since 2004, it has studied the planet and its many natural satellites.
The Haridwar school said participating students were asked to write an essay within 500 words expressing their scientific and artistic view of the pictures taken of Saturn.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy