HP developing glasses-free 3D tech for mobile devices
Washington: Hewlett-Packard Co. has developed a method that will allow users to view 3-D videos on mobile phones without using glasses.
The method is such that the viewing angle will be so wide that viewers can see an object more fully just by tilting the screen.
The researchers found a way to make images viewable in 3-D from angles up to 45 degrees from center in any direction, up, down, side-to-side or diagonally.
This means viewers can see a person`s face with one ear blocked from view, but reveal the ear by swiveling the screen.
The scientists used nanotechnology to etch multiple circles with tiny grooves into a glass layer of the display, the report said.
The grooves bend light in a way that allows for 64 different points of view. By moving the screen, people will perceive two of those points of view at any one time, one with their left eye and one with their right, the report added.
As a result, the image will appear in 3-D.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why