HP developing glasses-free 3D tech for mobile devices
Washington: Hewlett-Packard Co. has developed a method that will allow users to view 3-D videos on mobile phones without using glasses.
The method is such that the viewing angle will be so wide that viewers can see an object more fully just by tilting the screen.
The researchers found a way to make images viewable in 3-D from angles up to 45 degrees from center in any direction, up, down, side-to-side or diagonally.
This means viewers can see a person`s face with one ear blocked from view, but reveal the ear by swiveling the screen.
The scientists used nanotechnology to etch multiple circles with tiny grooves into a glass layer of the display, the report said.
The grooves bend light in a way that allows for 64 different points of view. By moving the screen, people will perceive two of those points of view at any one time, one with their left eye and one with their right, the report added.
As a result, the image will appear in 3-D.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM