Humans are `pig-chimp hybrids`, claims researcher
London: A leading geneticist has claimed that human beings are the result of a cross breed between a pig and a chimp.
Eugene McCarthy of the University of Georgia argued that while humans share many features with chimps we also have a large number of characteristics not found in primates and these conflicting features are most likely the result of a hybrid mating at some point in human evolution.
McCarthy suggested the original pig-chimp hook up was followed by several generations of "backcrossing", where the pig-chimp offspring played and assimilated among chimps before mating with them.
By doing this every generation became less and less "pig" and more and more chimp -like.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Anurag Kashyap will strike back with 'Raman Raghav 2.0' : Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: Sonia Gandhi stashed bribe money in Geneva's Sarasin Bank?
- World record: 23-year-old Tobago batsman Iraq Thomas slams T20 century off 21 balls
- Donald Trump hints at taking India's help in dealing with `unstable` Pakistan
- Champions League: Cristiano Ronaldo remains doubtful for 2nd leg against Manchester City