Humans can understand dogs` mood by the way they bark
London: Scientists have claimed that humans can understand dogs by simply listening to their barks.
The said that humans can read a dog`s mood according to whether his barks are prolonged or short or low or high pitched, the Daily Express reported.
The scientists played about 200 "non-verbal vocalisations" of both dogs and humans to 39 Hungarian volunteers.
The human sounds including laughing or crying.
Dr Tamas Farago, of Eotvos Lorand University in Budapest, said that humans are extremely good at recognising other`s emotions based on their behaviour or even voice.
They found that the most important features of both dog and human sounds were the length of the sound and its pitch.
Dog calls that were long and high-pitched were seen by humans to reveal fear while long low-pitched calls were viewed as aggressive.
In contrast short, pulsing sounds whether high or low pitched were seen to be friendly.
The research is published in the Royal Society journal Biology Letters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3