Humans may look like `Close Encounters` aliens in 100,000 yrs
Washington: A researcher has speculated that humans in the next 100,000 years may look like aliens from the hit movie `Close Encounters of the Third Kind`: large, bug eyes, huge foreheads and pigmented skin.
Nickolay Lamm based his illustrations on discussions with Dr Alan Kwan, an expert in computational genomics from Washington University.
According to Kwan and Lamm, one of the most obvious evolutionary changes by then is going to be a larger head, which has been growing since the Middle Ages.
The head is going to keep swelling in the coming millennia to accommodate humans` ever-expanding brains, the Guardian reported.
The researchers also said that humans` eyes are going to grow to Japanese anime-style proportions, as human beings are forced to live in other colonies of the solar system and in dimmer environments, which are farther away from the sun.
The researchers added that as more people live outside the Earth`s protective ozone layer, they`ll are also going to come in contact with high UV radiation, and our skin will become more pigmented.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate