`Humans` prehistoric ancestors discovered recycling`
Washington: Israeli researchers have said that evidence is mounting on the theory that hundreds of thousands of years ago, our prehistoric ancestors may have learned about recycling objects used in their daily lives.
Ran Barkai, an archaeologist, said that just as humans today, recycle materials like paper and plastic to make new items, our ancestors collected discarded, broken tools made of flint and bone to create new utensils, Fox News reported.
Archaeologists have been finding such recycled utensils in caves in Spain and North Africa to sites in Italy and Israel.
Barkai said that the recycling was widespread also among Homo erectus, Neanderthals and other species of hominids, who have not yet even been named.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie