`Humans` prehistoric ancestors discovered recycling`
Washington: Israeli researchers have said that evidence is mounting on the theory that hundreds of thousands of years ago, our prehistoric ancestors may have learned about recycling objects used in their daily lives.
Ran Barkai, an archaeologist, said that just as humans today, recycle materials like paper and plastic to make new items, our ancestors collected discarded, broken tools made of flint and bone to create new utensils, Fox News reported.
Archaeologists have been finding such recycled utensils in caves in Spain and North Africa to sites in Italy and Israel.
Barkai said that the recycling was widespread also among Homo erectus, Neanderthals and other species of hominids, who have not yet even been named.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?